Sunday, January 1, 2012

load01 01/01/2012

  • On October 22, 2011 I was arrested by the DEA for cultivation and distribution of psilocybin mushrooms. The Feds conducted a two year investigation that included an informant, interception of my email, phone taps and surveillance in three states.  I was incarcerated for 14 days at the SeaTac Federal Detention Center. Upon arrival, at SeaTac FDC I was greeted by a group of guys watching the evening news who shouted:  ”There he is, Mushroom Man!” I have adopted that moniker for this blog. Currently, I am on house arrest pending further legal negotiations. This blog describes my encounters with law enforcement as a case study of the misguided and ineffective drug policy our country is pursuing. Later, I’ll describe life inside prison and the story of how I got into the entheogen distribution business. My goal is to bring intelligence, compassion and common sense to bear on the reform of the unscientific and unfair Uniform Drug Control Act of 1970, DEA Schedule I classification, and other misguided drug laws. Toward that goal, check out the Drug War Clock below, courtesy the good folks at  DrugSense.org (http://www.drugsense.org), to see just how much money is being thrown at a “war” that can never be won. 

    For the benefit of all concerned,

    Michael Maki

    tags: news

  • What's good at Trader Joe's? What's not? These are questions that fans and detractors of the store are very passionate about. Last August, Nathan Rodgers, his wife Sonia, and their friend Russ Shelly and his wife Sandy decided to systematically review every product to find out.

    tags: news

  • "Heh, come over here, kid, learn something. You never know, you might have to cook for 20 guys someday. You see, you start out with a little bit of oil. Then you fry some garlic. Then you throw in some tomatoes, tomato paste, you fry it; ya make sure it doesn't stick. You get it to a boil; you shove in all your sausage and your meatballs; heh…? And a little bit o' wine. An' a little bit o' sugar, and that's my trick."

    tags: recipe

  • Recently was in the hospital and this was beside my bed... (imgur.com)submitted 10 hours ago by bubbasmi307 commentssharesavehidereport

    tags: culture

  • NEW HAVEN (CN) - The Vietnam Veterans of America says the Pentagon has "systematically and wrongfully discharged" more than 22,000 veterans since 2001 "on the basis of so-called 'personality disorder'" - rather than post-traumatic stress disorder - to deny them medical care and save the Pentagon $12.5 billion in medical and disability payments.

    tags: news

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment