Tuesday, August 9, 2011

load01 08/09/2011

  • When I started programming many of the elements we take for granted now, did not exist. There was no DirectX and not many compatible libs were available for the free compilers of the day. So I had to write my own code for most basic programs, keyboard handlers, mouse handlers, video memory accessors, rasterizers, texture mappers, blitters… the programs I wrote then were 100% my own code and I had to be able to handle anything and everything.

    tags: programming

  • Imagine this scenario...

    You and three friends stumble upon a great idea for a tech start-up. Because you're all talented developers and there are no "business" people to constrain you, the only thing that separates you from monumental success is just building the darn application. (seriously, it's a great idea). So you decide to all sit in a room to brainstorm the initial architecture, then you'll divvy up the pieces and get started.

    I've lived this scenario a handful times, and have seen it too many to count.

    tags: technology

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment